What Kastus provides
- 24/7 Antimicrobial protection on coated surfaces for life
Permanently blocks up to 99.99% of resistant bacteria. Proven results against MRSA, E. Coli and C. Diff.
- Durable Protection for the lifetime of the product
- Hydrophilic Easy Clean
Creates an easy clean surface that conserves water use and reduces chemical cleaning needs
- Visible light activated.
Activated by visible light indoors and out not reliant on UV light.
- Eco friendly non leaching coating
- Ultra thin, invisible coating that has no impact on aesthetics
- ISO Standards
ISO 27447:2019, ISO 10545 11:1996, ISO 10545 3:1997 In compliance with EN144411:2016, iso 21066:2018, ISO 22196:2011,
In accordance to ISO 10993 1, 5, and 12, 10545 14:2015, ISO 10545 13:2016, In accordance to ISO 22197:2018,
BS 6431 13:1986 and EN101:1991
- Tested by independent companies
Airmid Healthgroup , Eurofinns , Scientific
How Kastus works?
Kastus’ patented solution is sprayed onto glass or ceramic surfaces and sintered into the surface using heat. The result is an enhanced surface that provides always on antimicrobial protection for life. As visible light falls on the coated surface, it activates the unique Kastus® Intelligent Surface technology™ which reacts with moisture in the air to form reactive oxygen species. These agents constantly attack and destroy the harmful bacteria they encounter, leaving a super hygienic, germ free surface.
Why clean screens are important!
80% of infections come from what we touch!
“Smartphones carry 10 times the bacteria of most toilet seats,”
Charles Gerba, Renowned University of Arizona Microbiologist
The more we engage with and cross contaminate everyday surfaces the more we’re exposed to infectious germs such as MRSA and E. coli. End users are increasingly becoming aware of the risks
associated with exposure to germs and are actively seeking products that can offer a level of protection. Easy clean functionality enhances visual qualities and reduces maintenance. 4 times as many germs on self service touch screens as on a Toilet seat*
* Dr. Charles Gerba, University of Arizona
Partnership Between Promarc and Kastus
“We are very excited to announce our partnership with Promarc and work with Milton and his team on their next generation of ATMs, Kiosks and public touchscreen products. This will be Kastus’ first launch into the Brazilian market and we are looking forward to growing the Kastus brand and business together with Promarc in such an important consumer market. The timing with the current global crisis is also very relevant, as consumer awareness and demands around enhanced touchscreen hygiene have never been so high” said John Browne, Founder and Chief Executive of Kastus®, speaking of the new partnership. Established in Sep 2013, Promarc is an American Brazilian company which was created to support the banking and commercial automation market. Promarc ´ s focus is to contribute with banking industry growth sourcing and identifying innovation items bringing value to our customers products. “Every day globalizations taking place in the world. People move a lot from one place to another. Touchscreens are everywhere and they are being touched millions of times by millions of people. People can’t always clean their hands before touching public screens like ATMs, Kiosks, and more. So, Kastus comes at a very important time that killing germs and avoiding diseases are key objectives for the human race”.
Milton Vavassori Jr, CEO.
Protection against COVID-19
The treatment, which can be used on everything from smartphones to ceramic floor tiles and touchscreen kiosks, had previously been proven to have a 99.99 per cent kill rate against harmful bacteria and fungi including antibiotic resistant superbugs such as MRSA and E.coli. Testing conducted by Nelson Laboratories in New York over the past month has now confirmed its effectiveness against the coronavirus that has led to the pandemic. Mr. Browne said given the coronavirus outbreak, people are reluctant to use public touchscreens currently. While the coating is primarily for use in new products, companies can add screen protectors retrospectively that have had the coating applied to provide protection. This means it could soon be used widely in products such as touchscreen kiosks in restaurants, shopping centers and airports.
New Antimicrobial Tempered Glass Touchscreen Protector
Think of a glass mobile screen protector, but on a larger size and with the benefits of
Kastus ’ Always on Antimicrobial protection.
- No expected impact on PCAP or touchscreen functionality.
- Crystal clear.
- The product is laminated on the back side to secure the protector to the underlying screen.
- The Kastus Antimicrobial touchscreen protector is applied like a regular mobile phone / tablet screen protector.
- Each package contains the following:
- 1 x Kastus Antimicrobial glass screen protector (branded Kastus ).
- Plus the following Kastus branded accessories:
- Alcohol Wipe
- Microfibre cloth
- Dust removal sticker
- Applicator squeegee
- Application instructions
Sample and order details
- Size can be customized so long as MOQs are met. <19” 2,000 units. >19” 1,000 units.
- We have the following sizes available now, with quotes available.
- 10”, 15”, 15.6” , 19”, 21.5”, 22”, 27”, 31.5”, 32”.
- Each MOQ is related to a specific dimension. So if a 10” had a variation in dimension it would be considered a new order with the 2,000 unit MOQ.
- Samples are available on 3 4 weeks’ notice and can be made to spec. We would just check that the MOQs work for you before we move ahead on these.
- Mass production lead time is ca. 4 weeks from PO confirmation.
- Each end product will be branded with the Kastus logo.